Make sure you're on track with everything leading up to the big day with our checklist.
12 MONTHS TO GO
- If you haven't been gifted one, then now is the time to invest in a decent wedding planner. A notebook but better, a planner will become your bible as you jot down ideas, build and update to-do lists as well keep all of those trés important contact details; having everything in the one place and at your fingertips will ensure you keep track of where you are with your planning. A planner will also be a lovely keepsake and a way to reflect on your journey once your special day has come and gone.
- Tell your friends and family the good news - here's how to fully enjoy your engagement.
- Decide on your budget - here's how to plan it out properly.
- Decide on a year and season - if you're planning for a 2016 wedding, here are some dates to note.
- Choose your bridal party - click here for tips on how to decide.
- Arrange a meeting with your celebrant or priest and book your church or civil venue.
- Decide whether or not to have a planner and book one.
11 MONTHS TO GO
- Start looking at venues and book one early.
- Make a start on the guest list - don't worry, we can help you.
- Organise bridal appointments.
- Organise your marriage licence and other legal details now - don't forget about wedding insurance.
- Choose and book your photographer - here are some tips to help you decide.
- Book your band and/or DJ.
- Have an engagement shoot - here are some ideas.
10 MONTHS TO GO
- Discuss menu options with your venue - confused? Here are some tips for choosing your menu.
- Start looking for your dream dress - find out the styles that will suit your shape here.
- Decide on your style and colours - here's how to decide on your colours.
- Start planning your honeymoon - here's what you need to consider when choosing.
9 MONTHS TO GO
- Choose your bridal party outfits - here are some things to bear in mind.
- Book your wedding transport - we have some transport tips for you here.
- Hire a marquee and any extra equipment you will need now.
8 MONTHS TO GO
- Order your invitations and stationery - here are some tips to help you choose.
- Have you done all the legal things yet?
- Choose the music and readings for the ceremony.
- Select your readers.
7 MONTHS TO GO
- Organise time off for your wedding and honeymoon
- Make sure your passports are in date - make sure you're fully prepared for your honeymoon.
- Organise cake tastings and order a cake - here's how to pick the right cake for you.
6 MONTHS TO GO
- Begin your bridal beauty regime - here's your 6 month bridal beauty countdown.
- Choose your wedding rings - if you want a personalised ring holder now is the time to look in commissioning a custom piece.
- Organise your registry.
- If you're sending out save the dates, send them now - here are some ideas.
5 MONTHS TO GO
- Book your essential beauty appointments.
- Arrange menu tastings.
- Choose gifts for the bridal party, we sat down with Weirs and they've given us some top tips!
- Prepare relevant documents to get your name changed if you wish.
- Have you sorted your marriage licence yet? Do it now!
4 MONTHS TO GO
- Finalise and buy all your accessories - there are plenty to choose from.
- Get any necessary injections or visas for your honeymoon.
- Finalise your guest list.
- Make a start on table plans - we'll make sure you don't get overwhelmed.
3 MONTHS TO GO
- Ensure the bachelor and bachelorette nights are finalised.
- Book your rehearsal and let the relevant people know.
- Buy your honeymoon clothes - we can help you with any destination.
- Send out your wedding invitations now - don't forget about the postage.
2 MONTHS TO GO
- Confirm all your bookings and appointments.
- Choose wedding favours - here are some your guests will find useful.
- If you're making a speech, don't leave it until the last minute - start writing it now!
- Finalise all your music and discuss playlists with your band or DJ.
- Contact any outstanding guests who haven't RSVP'd.
1 MONTHS TO GO
- Practice your first dance.
- Decide what photographs you want - have a look at our ultimate photography list for inspiration.
- Give your venue the final number with any dietary requirements.
- Order your honeymoon currency if it's not Euro.
- Have your final dress fitting with everything on.
- Finalise your seating plan.
- Organise your cake to be delivered to the reception.
- Make a note of any early gifts you get for thank-you notes.
Image credits: Engaged couple: Pinterest | Bride and groom: Matt Pratt Photography | Bridesmaids: Pinterest | Stationery: Oh So Beautiful Paper | Cake: Pinterest | Ring holder: Etsy | Save the date: Sunshine Coast DIY | Hair accessory: Laura Marii Photography via Bridal Musings | Place cards: Belle the Magazine | Favours: Pinterest | Love heart: Wedd Book