We will only collect information that will help us make the site work best for you. The information we collect will only let us contact you only if you have allowed us. We will also give you accurate local information if you need it and provide us a view of how our visitors use the site, and what we can do to optimise and to improve your overall website experience.
Some parts of the website may ask you for more information so that you can access some of the services or complete transactions. However, you will always be informed when certain information is being collected, and in most cases you will be asked to enter it. An example is you may be asked for an email address for subscriptions. Please note that information you will enter is only to be used for the purpose stated at the time of collection.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Any questions, queries and feedback, including your email address if you send us email.
- Visitors’ IP addresses and details of web browser and its version.
- Data on how people use the website, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us optimise the website and our services.
- For feedback, a record of the message will be kept for up to six months before deletion.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the information gathered on SOCIAL & PERSONAL WEDDINGS for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use the information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include without limitation developing new features for the Site; analysing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising, and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal data);
- Guard against identity theft, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies; and
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to the information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers; for example, we may match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address and use such match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Sites and elsewhere online;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event, we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
- Data Retention and Access.
Unsubscribe from emails.
To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters and marketing messages to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honour your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
More about cookies
We use small data files stored on your computer called ‘cookies’. Most websites do this. Cookies help us improve the entire website experience for you.
Where we store your personal data
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- Optimise and improve the content and design of the website
- Comply with our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by visitors
- Allow visitors to participate in interactive features of our website when users choose to do so
- Contact visitors, with their permission, to respond to any feedback or queries
In accordance with Principle 6 of the Data Protection Act, visitors have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, and you have the right to access information held about you.
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website
Following a link to SOCIAL & PERSONAL WEDDINGS website from another website
Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us according to the Contact section herein. Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.