My love affair with the new ghd continues as I lust over the knock-out hairstyle seen on Kate Hudson at the 2016 Met Gala. Created by Shay Ashual for ghd, Kate’s soft waves perfectly compliment her structured dress and is super romantic and ideal hair inspiration for the summer bride.
"An overall soft and easy look to contrast the structure and opulence of the Versace dress."
TIPS & TECHNIQUES:
1. Spritz freshly washed hair with ghd Heat Protect Spray and rough dry it for a natural feel.
2. Once the hair is completely dry, use the ghd platinum™ styler on the front and crown of the head. Take three quarter inch sections and twist the iron slightly as you sweep it down the length of the hair to create a soft curve on each section.
3. On the rest of the hair, take 2-inch sections, and use the ghd curve soft curl tong, to create large, soft waves.
4. Because sections of the hair close to the face required special attention, pin them flat against the head after curling them for a more flat wave.
5. For finish, use ghd Smooth & Finish Serum starting at mid-lengths and bringing it through the ends. To hold, use a light hold spray on top.
-- Dani Farrell // Instagram: @deviliciousdani