If you haven't been living under a rock for the last four months then you would know that one of the Irish industries hit the worst by the countries lockdown was the service and entertainment industry. Restaurants were unable to take guests, bars unable to open and hotels left in limbo. However, thanks to the hard work of our healthcare workers and the personal sacrifices of the Irish public, the government is beginning the process of reopening the country.
If you've been stuck in wedding limbo for months and by this point just want to get out of the fiance zone then why not have a small wedding and celebrate your love at one of these fabulous Irish venues opening their doors again this summer!
It's important to keep in mind that while these venues have taken steps to ensure they are safe to reopen and host guests, they will have to continue to take actions and adapt their business to follow the guidelines set by the government to reduce the risk of a spike in COVID-19 cases following the countries re-opening. These include:
- Drinks receptions will take place in a private room.
- There will be no self-service drinks stations and canapes must be individually served.
- Loose furniture should be removed from the room.
- There must be no shared items at the table. Instead, water jugs must be poured by service personnel only, salt and pepper shakers and butter dishes will be available only on request.
- There will be no family-style service of food – which means no shared vegetable and gravy dishes. Wedding afters must be served directly to each guest fully plated.
- Employees will be asked to monitor and maintain social distancing guidelines on the dancefloor. There will signage on tables and dance floors reminding guests of the public health guidelines.